Follow the “read article” link below to the survey on the County Center page of Buncombe County’s website for details about the American Rescue Plan subsidized by the federal covid-relief program funds. The County wants to hear from us about our ideas and to help identify priority projects. This is one of the most important surveys as a Buncombe County resident you’ll take this year! Below are 5 out of 13 listed priorities you can select that support greenways and your community.
- ENVIRONMENTAL & ENERGY STEWARDSHIP: Environmental preservation (such as watershed/stream restoration or conservation easements)
- RESIDENT WELL-BEING: Recreation (such as Greenways or tourism-focused projects)
- ENVIRONMENTAL & ENERGY STEWARDSHIP: Food System (such as support for local farms)
- VIBRANT ECONOMY: Business relief for impacted industries (such as small business grants)
- VIBRANT ECONOMY: Transportation (such as Mountain Mobility or a transit master plan)
Survey Question: What other priorities or projects should the county consider?
Possible Answer: Explore “multi-modal” opportunities within the “transit master plan”, thus combining Recreation, Business and Transportation initiatives towards a healthier community.